Business Name

Overpressure Valve

Submersible Build Log

I had to modify the overpressure valve I had made some time ago.  When I fitted it up, it did not seat correctly.  I had used a standard M10 bolt and tapped it in by hand.  As such, it was not quite straight and the lid did not seat correctly. 

I remade the bolt with a larger diameter bar, threaded and fitted it in tight, then chucked it back up on the lathe and faced the seat.  Then without removing it, I turned down the bar so it was exactly at 90 degrees to the face.  Added the end thread and its all fine.  Without the thread all the way to the valve seat, it also opens easier which is better.